This class of membership is opened to former and present employees of participating water utilities who have been recognized for their contribution to the work of the CAWASA.
To qualify for membership, the individual must be recommended by the water utility where he was or is employed, and he/she should have given a minimum of ten (10) years active service to the CAWASA.
Membership Fee: None
Membership Benefits: Members falling in this class will be entitled to the following:
- Free access to the CAWASA website and major publications;
- Opportunities to use the Resource Library to conduct research on water sector issues;
- Access to comparative data on water rates compiled in regional tariff survey reports;
- Information on products and services offered by the CAWASA Secretariat to members;
- Limited access to CAWASA databases on water sector partners;
- Updates on technological developments and special events in the sector.
- Non-voting rights at the Annual Meeting of Members;
- Right to nominate a representative on the Board of Directors of the CAWASA;
- Opportunities to participate in and share in the finding of member activities and studies;
- Opportunities to collaborate with member utilities on promoting products and services;
- Access to books, reports and legal instruments on the water sector in the Resource Library;
- Copies of quarterly newsletters, annual reports and other publications of by the Secretariat;
- Contribution to CAWASA training to improve the human resource base of member utilities;
- Opportunities to network with utility officials in CAWASA sponsored conferences;
- Discounts on conference registration fees, advertising fees and booth rental rates;
- Priority to sponsor and make conference presentations and advertise in publications;
- Opportunity to make joint presentations with professionals from member utilities;